Location: Bergen/Hudson County, NJ
Family Connections is seeking a dynamic Housing Case Manager to join an interdisciplinary team of dedicated professionals. The Housing Case Manager will be a part of a multidisciplinary team assisting families that have been separated and reunified following child abuse and neglect allegations. The Housing Care Manager will provide support and guidance to families participating in this supportive housing setting. The families served will be involved with the Division of Child Protection and Permanency and face stressors including history of homelessness, substance abuse, mental health concerns, and separation of children due to these stressors. This position will be responsible for conducting housing intakes to define the family's housing goals as well as providing overall case management, which includes lease signing, financial arrangements/budgeting and furnishings, followed by ongoing housing stability support.
In addition, the role of the Housing Case Manager is to provide wraparound services to support the needs of the families. The services include offering constructive advocacy, linkage to community resources, career education support and job skills training, legal and immigration guidance and the co-facilitation of support groups. The Housing Case Manager will be responsible for coordinating in-home visits and provide ongoing support for families as needed.
· Professional Knowledge of the Division of Child Protection and Permanency (personal life experiences are a plus).
· Experience and/or knowledge of housing and the ability to building productive relationships within the communities.
· Personal and/or professional experience and knowledge of the community resources available in the counties of Essex, Hudson, and Passaic.
· Valid NJ Driver's License
· Bachelor's degree
· Bilingual - English/Spanish or English/